Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Great Easter Garden Clean-up

Four days stretched out before us, four days of getting the garden sorted, de-cluttering the house, baking bread, cooking delicious homemade meals…before those four days suddenly flashed by in the wink of an eye and I'm once again facing my concrete wall at the office before I'm quite ready to.

I realise now that our list of tasks was somewhat ambitious…but we did actually achieve quite a bit:

One part of the garden went from this:

To this:

To this (all ready to get some no dig beds prepared):

We started a herb garden around our pond:

We built a gate (don't look too closely it might fall apart!)

And next weekend's job will be to hang it.

It was probably one of the first long weekends that we have spent the majority of it around the house or out getting things to use around the garden...and it was entirely enjoyable, I don't feel that we missed out on anything and besides, there's still plenty on the list to keep us occupied.

3 comments:

greenfumb said...

Great work, hopefully that will keep the dog out so your veges can flourish. How did you build the gates in the end?

I'm hoping hubby will fence off my veges this weekend, rotten chooks dug up my mesclun mix this afternoon :-(

Silver Rookie said...

Hi greenfumb,
Gates are just pine with treated pine slats. They are heavier then anticipated so we might need different hinges. They are pretty simple but I have to admit to doubts as to their longevity...but it was fun giving it a go...and I think I learnt that I need to learn a lot more about woodwork!

Teena said...

Good work on the clean up!

Teena
xoxox